Feeling Moments

Feeling moments one at a time. Sometimes we don't want to feel the feelings of the moment. Yesterday great sadness crept up on me. So overwhelming... I had to stop what I was doing.


My thoughts brought me way back to a time when we all lived under one roof. My best days would have been a trip to the St-Eustache flea market with my loves straggling behind me. Each intent on finding the treasure of the day. My boys little tiny hands rummaging through boxes searching for the perfect matchbox car. My princess eyeing trinkets or precious stones for her jewellery making. Some days the temperature would hit 30 degrees Celsius.  We would all be happy to hit the road with our riches and head on back home to the pool.



I felt the moment..... What brought this on? When my life changed, I packed up all my collectibles, my memories and buried them deep, deep in the bowels of my basement. I had to become, Mommy, Daddy, provider and caregiver. No time for me or my passion. Yesterday I ventured back emotionally, rummaging through boxes I haven't opened in 8 years. The memories of a simpler time hit me like a freight train. A raw moment for me.


So I shed a few tears, dusted myself off and continued. I sent some huggies via bbm to my princess, sent some "love" via text message to my boys and I was good to go.


I share with you these beautiful vintage brass stamps I picked up on one of my flea market excursions with my loves from days gone by. 


One of the stamps has the words "feeling moments" written on the back.  I felt an affectionate deep squeeze in my soul when I read the words.


This is what is on the front of the stamp. A number of Souls. We can each interpret what we want from art. To me this is freedom. Freedom of my soul. This is my someday. One moment, one feeling at a time. 


Beautiful things mean nothing unless you can share them with another soul. Collectibles, a collection of  memories. Everything brings a moment back to me. That is the foundation of a home. Memories and the collection of memories. Some good, some bad but the collection creates who we are today. I wouldn't change a moment.



My quote for the day


Not all who wonder are lost.
                                   J.R.R. Tolkien


Something else I was working on yesterday. I kept getting interrupted by him................


......and by him


Meet Bizou (translates as kisses) and Harley (my low rider). Kind souls. 

I will reveal at a later date my first attempt at upholstering. Ugh!








Comments

  1. Welcome to blogging. Yes it can be hard when you first start out. I have a newbie link up party every Monday, so start there next week. You really have to put yourself out there. COmment on a lot of blogs, and have something fun to offer readers. If you craft, show it off, and join craft parties..so many out there to choose from. Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts