Brought one over to our side LADIES and gents.....

Remember my son? The one who refused to help me load this piece of junk in my truck?


Piece of JUNK?? It was a steal! Needs some work yes, but nothing I can't handle. I think. Read the full posting of Check out my knobbies, (biggest posting yet). A few have asked to prove him wrong. Well....last Saturday while he was visiting, he saw this.... 


.......little piece of beauty I am currently trying to finish. He was "WOW"ed! What does he say next? Lets go check out craigslist and kijji to see if we can find some good stuff. I would help you refinish some things. (bite my hand, he's got the bug). Guess what he convinces me to do? My son,  the non-believer.... 


He convinces me to call and schedule a pick-up for this credenza. (bite my hand again) It is being given away for free, yes free. Imagine the possibilities. Best of all, was my son imagining the possibilities. (now I have to bite my FOOT) Go figure? Now ladies and gents I have seen what can be done to a fine piece of furniture with good bones, but my son ???? (btw he is only 15) has not and he can still see the potential. So I believe ...(pat on the back),  I have brought one over to our side. 
   
(bells and whistles)
HIP HIP HOORAY! 

Here are some possibilities I have seen. 








Another fabulous makeover by Between blue and yellow

So I am off to pick-up my son, go have lunch and load another piece of junk (love our junk) in my truck.

P.S. I advised my other son (my 17 year old) where I will be when he gets back home, he states "Oh no, where the heck are you gonna put that junk!" Got some work to do on this son! 


My words to inspire for today. 

It is so profoundly obvious that it is sometimes forgotten.
                                                                                     Author Unknown


Thank you. Your comments are my inspiration. 
Caroline

Linking up to Brambleberry Cottage, Time travel Thursday.





Comments

  1. Beautiful! I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I bought my girls and husband over too. Its great fun showing them the light! Your dresser is looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fantastic!!! You should be so proud!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! Another one bites the dust - DIY unbeliever that is! Can't wait to see son #2 working on his first redo. Then it will really be in his blood! lol Just give your older son some time, he'll come around.

    Thanks for linking to the party.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story! My 15 year old son is not the least bit interested in any of my refinishing projects. Glad that one of yours is!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts