New treasures from Switzerland

Already June 8th. Where does time go?  I have been meaning to show you all the fabulous stuff I found in Switzerland. On my last day we discovered an amazing little town and place, thanks to a kind Canadian working in Zurich, she pointed us to a fabulous antique and thrift shop.  



 The Swiss take great pride in their landscapes. This is the side view of the business (below). 


A pic to help me remember where I was and where I hunted for my treasures. 


We discovered wonderful stuff in this barn type building. Even the building was amazing. 


Look at the walls


LOOK at the beams. I wish I could take them home and have them installed in my living room. 


 I was in search of an authentic Swiss Cow bell. Like this...be careful what you wish for. It weighed about 200lbs.  And cost 220.00 CHF about 250.00 cdn.

Then I found this! It was even larger. Seriously, how did the bulls roam around with this around their necks? Maybe we should attach this to some of our husbands...hehe just kidding (NOT) 

The divorce rate is quite low in Switzerland, I hear! 

This was all I could fit in my suitcase. I can still attach them to.......... I will leave it up to your imagination. Or maybe not, MY Deck, girls, my deck! I have them hanging on my deck to chime in the wind. 


Notice all the natural patina. 


  They can chime away. I love 'em. 


I have got more great finds to show you but I am having technical difficulties with my Pictures. I even lost some :(   I will have to continue tomorrow. 

My words of inspiration for the day

Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.
                                                                                      Pamela Vaull Starr



Thanks for stopping by. 
Caroline





Comments

  1. Great pics and the shop is amazing. Thanks for sharing at BC Good Life Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing shop! That was really funny about the cowbells:) It looks so pretty there in Switzerland, how lucky that you got to go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts