A time to remember

In Switzerland my good friend took me to the top of her mountain where she lives, about 900 meters high. At the top sits an ancient chapel that holds a special place in her heart. She wanted to show me. It was a very poignant moment for both of us. We did not realize the significance of the moment until awhile later.  

The Chapel, the tree and something special at the top of the mountain 


At the top was a huge, huge tree. We tree hugged just to show the significance of the tree.


Imagine how old this tree is? It boggles my mind. We will all be long gone and it will still be standing proud at the top of this mountain.

The magnificence of Mother Nature. 


As soon as we entered the chapel, we were both overwhelmed with emotion and I just could not shake it. The tears just poured out of me???? 


This was a very special place for both of us. We both realized we were disturbing others with our tears, we stepped outside.  


We took in some of the surrounding views


Simply breathtaking. Enough to calm our emotions, for a bit. 

All around us was, greenery, water and mountains..... Lake Zug, I woke up to the view of this lake every morning. 

The very heavy large wooden doors to the chapel


The side of the chapel was constructed with all small wood shingles. I noticed this was very typical on most of the older buildings. 


I asked my good friend, What is the name of the chapel?


It was then....the moment we realized the significance of the place. My friend felt an emotional connection since the day she came to Switzerland. Why? 


St. Michaels kreuz....St. Michaels Cross


A cross was erected around the 80's in the name of St. Michael. Michael. My brother who passed away tragically on August 13 around the same time. He was only 18. My son born on August 13th  years later. The name Michael.....the connection and the emotional  significance and magnetism. This very special place on the top of a mountain half way around the world. It was a very poignant moment for both of us.....It brought us closer to our loved ones who have passed on. My brother always managed to pull the emotions out of you and here he was doing it again, spiritually. We could now understand our emotional tears.....It was a magical place. 



With a majestic tree and a special cross on the top of a mountain. 


My words of inspiration for the day!

The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it.
Plutarch

Thanks for stopping by
Caroline

Comments

  1. Beautiful post! Brought tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful area. The chapel is stunning in it's simplicity. Sorry for your loss, thankfully he is remembered all around the world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts